Monday, January 17, 2011

Re: New Years Resolutions

I've always felt like New Years Resolutions were just another way of telling ourselves that we need to improve, that they were a shot to our own hearts. Talk about lowering self-esteem. I still feel this way, but for some reason or another I keep finding myself coming back to my thoughts about these resolutions and about big things that happened in 2010. I won't go into that here, 'cause most of it is quite personal, but if you can't control your curiosity, you know where to find me.

As for my actual resolutions, I don't know if I want to state any right out, but I will say that I want to try to mend friendships, grow in others, and just make sure I don't fall off the deep end with a certain few. I tell myself this every year, and I'm sure you've all made this kind of "resolution" one time or another, but this is my challenge to you all. 2011 is yet another new year, and I'm sure it will be filled with its fair share of good things and bad, but let's not let the bad things take control of us. Instead, take the positives out of the negatives and extend a hand to someone who needs it, whether that be a friend you've known for a long time, someone you've lost touch with, or someone who just seems like they need a friend. We've all been there at some point in our life, and for me, that time was this past fall. But a friend extended their hand to me, and even though not a lot of words were exchanged, this persons presence seemed to ease things just enough so that I was able to get through my situation. And I thank that person for that.

We've all been there, and let's not forget that.

How's that for sappy?


Brent

1 comment:

  1. Glad I could help you, Brent. My chickeny, gangly arms are just that long that I could extend them from Hamilton to Ancaster so that you could use my hand.

    Yes, I realize I am a loser. Don't care.

    PS. Resolutions are also a very good/ positive thing because they could be a visual cue of ways we've always wanted to improve and better ourselves. I look at it in the positive way, or at least I do that more this year because there would be a hell of a lot of stuff I'd be even more down about which goes against my new years resolution to be happier etc. BADDD cycle.

    ReplyDelete