Monday, December 6, 2010

Re: Q&A #3


1. Brooke Fraser-Flags
You may know her from Hillsong fame (apparently shes a popstar in newzealand as well) but shes done some pretty cool solo work.
I think what I enjoyed about this album the most was how she seemed to grow since her last album. She noticeably mixes things up and takes a few risks on this one which in my opinion worked out really well. To give a bit of background to that thought - her last album was something girls around the age of 15 would love. I think shes really come out of that box with flags which is very cool to see and is much appreciated.
I particularly like the writing on this newest one. Its pretty thoughtful.

2. Jonsi - Go
This album is super fun. Its epic, awe inspiring, orchestral, upbeat... The guy is from Sigur Ros. If your familiar with that band at all you'll have a loose idea of what to expect. I like this album more than anything I've listened to of there's though.
It really has to be heard. GO Do it.







3. Future of Forestry
I've been listening to two EPs by this band under the names Travel I and Travel II. Both are fantastic and seem to go together and grow upon the previous nicely.
I really like the sound. As I think about it, its hard to describe but at the same time seems so clear to me. From what I've read, hes a Christian guy, and it does come out in the music. Not in a nauseating, overt way (in my opinion) but in a 'oh! that's neat to hear that' kinda way. Get my drift? Again I like the writing and the images he uses. There's also some cool instruments and sounds happening that you don't hear all to often.


*A few songs from each are up on mediafire

3 comments:

  1. I've got the first two already, good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabbed some Foy Vance from you. Really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since my friend from Iceland translated what Sigur Ros was actually saying for me, I've been disenchanted.

    ReplyDelete