Thursday, December 9, 2010

Re: Q&A 5 Christmas

I'm going to have to keep this brief, what with the impending doom of finals, research papers, and general malaise of December weather.

I really don't think it's any harder to buy for guys than it is for girls. And I don't think it's any harder to buy for girls than it is for for guys. It's completely independent and based on the person themselves. Some people are more thoughtful on this sort of thing. They know what they want, or could at least imagine something that would be useful to them. Other people are much less adept at identifying anything that they need. Still others don't need anything because the minute they think of something they need, they rush out and buy it for themselves.

I think it'd be foolish of me to think it's safe to fill the Internet in on what I'm getting people for Christmas. Especially since I know that the majority of people I would be actually getting gifts for are probably aware of this site or at the least could become aware of it in the next sixteen days. However, I will say that I've really only managed to come up with three ideas, all of which I've executed. Two of which were very small. One of which was larger, but I definitely pawned the expenses off to my parents. Give and take relationship, that is. I give the gift of giving.

My favourite gifts I've received are probably, for sentimentality's sake, things I've got from my grandparents. Everyone knows that sometimes grandparents can come up with some duds for gifts, but even then, you can recognize the thoughtfulness that went into it. But more than every once in a while, grandparents find a way to come up with something that makes you really understand what a good gift is. Whether it's paying attention to the things they know you love, or passing on something to you of theirs, you feel like they always put more into the gift than you can tell.

I can't honestly think of the best gift I've given. I like to think that I'm capable of the dramatic, grand gesture--delivering the impossible. But I'm not. My dad is good at that. I'm really not even creative enough to begin thinking of great gifts. I really feel like the best gifts, though, are the ones you come across for people that you're not thinking about at the time. Of course, it's so much harder to do this around Christmas when shopping is on the brain. But those moments in August when you spot something that you know should absolutely belong to that one specific person. And then you wait.

I'm adding a picture of Christmas. And I think you should too.

Yeah, I did. So what?

P.S. I know it's tough to free up time for any sort of activity over here during what is exam time for many of you. That being said, I will do my best to get something up here either during my four day break between my last exams (which is really a two day break--thank you, research paper). However, if I don't, I'll try my best to put one up on either the night of the 18th, morning of the 19th, or night of the 19th. Depending on how much drunk the night of the 18th is. Of course, if enough people want me to, I can always try cranking one out whilst shmammered.

2 comments:

  1. Don't remind me of your drunkness when I'll still be studying, you bum.

    ReplyDelete