Thursday, November 25, 2010

Re: Q&A 3 Albums

I promised I'd answer my own question once I had a little bit of time freed up, and I suppose that time is now. Or, rather, I suppose that if now isn't that time, then I should be doing some homework. But I don't really want to cross that bridge just yet.

For me, currently, music usually comes in waves. I'll really like something for a few weeks/months, and then it'll fade out as it's replaced by something new. The downside to constantly looking for new material. But then sometimes I get caught in a riptide as a really good album or song comes back from the past to carry me off to music-induced-euphoria (that's a link that showed up when I Googled "euphoria"; check it out). But on to the stuff I'm really digging right now (without throwing you into the deep end of my musical tastes, I'll try and move there slowly while still attempting to expand your horizons).

Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager



A very unearthly feeling for another album titled Man on the Moon. It's really a great musical journey from the perspective of things really sucking and deciding to blow past them. In other words, when you feel like you're going one-on-one with the world and figure, somehow, that you might still win. Love the album artwork, too. Because even though it's kind of overdone, it really feels like it fits.
Top Songs:
Scott Mescudi Vs. The World
Don't Play This Song (ft. Mary J. Blige)
Mr. Rager
These Worries (ft. Mary J. Blige)
GHOST!
All Along

For Emma, Forever Ago



Everyone has already heard my bit on the Bon Iver album, but it's really good. I love the hollow sound, or whatever it is you want to call it. Everything about the way that it was recorded gives it that whole "recorded in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere during a period of isolation and hermit living" feeling. Like the fact that it TOTALLY WAS.
Top Songs:
Skinny Love
The Wolves (Act I and II)
Blindsided
Re:Stacks
Creature Fear

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy



Saved it for last, because it's just crazy-good. I don't know how to explain it. If anyone heard 808s & Heartbreak, that was the cut-down, simple, and clean Kanye West. Then this is the glorious, exaggerated, complete Kanye West. Everything is symphonic, in a brilliant way. I just wish I could get that inventive sometimes, y'know? Seriously, every song has a five star rating on my iTunes. Anyway, here's my favourites off the album.
Top Songs:
Dark Fantasy
All Of The Lights (ft. everyone ever)
Runaway (ft. Pusha T.)
Blame Game (ft. John Legend)
Lost In The World (ft. Bon Iver)


All of those songs will be up on mediafire. I know I already had the Bon Iver ones there, but just in case. Also, I know that some of you may be hesitant to download stuff by Kanye West or KiD CuDi, but trust me, I'm not wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dq2ejt14j0729

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeeeed to all the last 4 kanye west songs. They are DOWNLOAD material (not purchase material). Kanye West needs to learn to be a little less egotistical. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete