Saturday, November 20, 2010

Q&A 3

First off, I'll apologize for the long hiatus.

Today it's a bit of a more superficial kind of thing. Of course, knowing how much we all like our music, it'll probably digress into something a lot more than that. My question for everyone is this: What are your favourite albums right now? Not individual songs. Not individual artists. Not three songs by the same artist.

And in an effort to get this going, I'm expecting all of you to post your favourite song from each album onto the Mediafire account. Because sharing is sparing me the effort of finding it myself.

So let's go. Bonus marks for in depth analysis as to why they're your favourites.

In honor of what was one of the best months of music, for me. As well as iTunes releasing The Beatles stuff. Which really was a bigger deal than it should have been. But at the same time is a bigger deal than we made it. Let's face it, the world's going digital.

And finally, all of you should join Twitter. I know, I know, "Twitter is just a whole mess of self-indulgence and idiocy." But it's really not idiotic. And besides, you all wrote/write on blogs for the whole world to see. How much more goddamn self-indulgent can we be? This much!

3 comments:

  1. Favourite albums eh? I'm on a bit of a Dave Matthews kick right now, so i'd have to say Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds: Live at Radio City, and Dave Matthews Band: Live at Piedmont Park. As for why they're amazing: 1) they're live 2) never in my life will i be able to play guitar/sing like this guy does 3) the first album is mostly just two guys, with two guitars, jamming out. Tim Reynolds never plays one song the same way twice.

    As for this Mediafire thing.... i'd be glad to put up a few songs... if i knew exactly what you were talking about. Help?

    Haha, and twitter... Yes, i do have an account. No, i have never used it. My life is just not that interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now I'm really enjoying Brooke Fraser's Flags.
    Its really different from the kind of predictable, typical 'christiany' stuff shes done. She reinvents herself nicely. Lots of different tempos and moods happening in it as well. She's got a thoughtful way of writing.
    The other full album I've liked in it's entirety is Jonsi's Go. Really fun to listen to. If you know Sigur Ros you'll have an idea of what to expect but I think it's even better. Its also very orchestral.
    I think I have to mention Bon Iver's For Emma,Forever Ago as well-I'm still listening to it regularly.

    And yes, I used to be twitter hater but now I'm on board. Its good stuff.

    ReplyDelete